I have received quite a few enquiries in the last few weeks regarding our WordPress Starter Course, and have realised that there is still a bit of confusion out there about who this course is suitable for. There are many different Content Management Systems available and WordPress is just one of them. It won’t be the right solution for everyone but it is very popular, easy to learn and use and comes with a very strong support network behind it.
Our WordPress Starter Course is aimed at anyone who want to create and run their own website including the following:
- small companies
- not-for-profit organisations
- sole traders
- clubs and groups who would like to keep their members informed
- people who have an idea and would like to get a bit more publicity
- people who have a static website and would like to add WordPress as a blog to it
Some of the advantages of building your website in WordPress include:
- you will be able to update it by yourself any time, from any computer with an internet connection – which will save you both time and money
- Google loves WordPress and you should find your website appearing in search results very quickly (here a link to the Webmaster forum of the V7Network, but you also find many more articles when you google for it)
- you will have a blog as part of your website – a great tool to reach your customers
So how technically minded do you have to be to do the course? All our courses are tailored to people who use a computer as a normal user – that means people who can:
- browse the web
- check their e-mails
- use simple applications such as Word
All our courses are half-day courses, because we believe that people can only take in a certain amount of new information in one go, and 4 hours (with a coffee break of course!) seems to have been just right for our participants so far.
If you have any questions or concerns about whether are courses are right for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.