We are delighted to confirm further WordPress Starter, Advanced and WP.org courses after the summer. All WordPress courses will take place at the Open College in Dublin 18.
The next WordPress Starter course is confirmed for Tuesday September 19th 2017, 9.45am-2pm. This course is limited to 6 participants and priced at €149. There is a 10% early bird discount available, which brings the price down to €134 only.
The next WordPress Advanced course is confirmed for Tuesday September 26th 2017, 9.45am-4pm. This course is limited to 6 participants and priced at €199. There is a 25% early bird discount available for former participants (15% for new participants), which brings the price down to only €149 or €169 respectively.
The next WordPress.org course (more technical course content) is confirmed for Tuesday October 3rd 2017, 9.45am-3.30pm. This course is limited to 3 participants and priced at €249. There is a 20% early bird discount available, which brings the price down to €199 only (including 1 year hosting and domain, worth €60).
If you’re interested in participating, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions please give me a ring at 086 775 2457.
All courses in detail
WordPress Starter course:
The Starter Course will cover how to set up a free WordPress.com account, how to change themes and widgets in the sidebar, upload your own header, how to create and edit posts on your blog and static pages like on a normal website. You will be able to upload photos to your posts and pages, and create galleries and slideshows out of them. You will learn how to create a navigation bar, add internal and external links and how to use categories and tags for navigation and SEO purposes. You will also learn how to change your personal settings, how to use the visual editor, allow or disallow comments and how to fight spam.
WordPress Advanced Course:
The course will focus on getting the most out of a WordPress.com account (the one you set up in the Starter Course). The course will cover:
- Synchronising WordPress.com accounts to get more visibility through Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Inserting ‘Follow us’ buttons
- Embedding Pinterest, Instagram and Youtube videos
- Customising the navigation bar
- Removing comments from static pages
- SEO myths and reality
- Adding social media icons and sharing buttons
- Adding PayPal buttons
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading a blog icon
- Adding google maps
- Using Avatars in comments
- Editing photos for the web
- Using featured images
- Adding a portfolio
- Specifying a new landing page
- How to get rid of ‘WordPress’ in your domain name and remove ads from your site
(Please note, getting rid of ads and wp in your domain name, will cost €36/year and is payed to WordPress directly by credit card. I will explain in details all the pros & cons.) This training is tailored to WordPress.com accounts, most topics covered on the day are also relevant to WordPress.org accounts, however some of them would need the installation of certain plugins such as jetpack.
This course will include a hosting account for 1 year with Spiral Hosting and we will cover in detail the following:
- Setup of Spiral Hosting account
- Registering a .com domain
- Uploading WordPress software using Softaculous installer
- Installing a new theme
- Adding a child theme
- Installing new plugins
- Image editing for the web
- Customising the theme ‘Vantage’
- Creating pages with the plugin ‘Page Builder’
- Creating a slider using the plugin ‘Meta Slider’ including overlay images
If you’re interested in participating in any of the courses, please email me at email@example.com or if you have any questions please give me a ring at 086 775 2457.