Hi there! This Privacy Notice explains how we, at WordPress Training Ireland, process information about visitors to our websites and when you contact us via email.
WordPress Training Ireland is owned by Julie Sebode.
We collect information about visitors to our site in a few different ways–we collect certain information that the visitors provide to the site, we collect some information automatically, and we collect any information that you provide to us via email.
We’ll start with information that visitors provide directly to a Site, which primarily happens when visitors type into a text field on a Site, like a comment field or a sign-up form. Our Users may also implement other ways to allow Site visitors to provide information directly through their Sites. Here are the most common ways in which a visitor directly provides information to a Site:
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to a Site using Jetpack or WordPress.com, we collect the sign-up information requested by the Site, which typically includes an email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on a Site, we collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- PollDaddy Survey Responses: When a visitor completes a poll, quiz, or other type of survey prepared by a User via Polldaddy.com, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information that the survey owner requires for a poll/quiz/survey response, like an e-mail address.
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Site registration.
We also automatically collect some information about visitors to a Site. The information we automatically collect depends on which of our services the Site uses. We’ve listed examples below:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to a Site using WordPress.com or Jetpack.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally for our Users how many people visit their Sites from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about our Site Stats feature for WordPress.com sites and Jetpack sites.
- Akismet Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address…oh, and the comment itself, of course).
- Polldaddy Response Information: We collect information about visitors who respond to a Polldaddy survey. The information that we collect typically includes IP address, browser type, operating system, user agent, and the web page last visited.
- Intense Debate Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Intense Debate service. The information that we collect depends on how the User sets up Intense Debate for the Site, but typically includes the IP address and account information on the Site, along with the comment.
We work hard to research all different WordPress related topics and create tutorials that are relevant and helpful to small businesses and people trying to get started with their own WordPress website. Did you know that you can support wp-training.ie by purchasing your hosting or other WP related products through the links on our site? Yup, it’s true, and we appreciate the support as it helps us provide top-notch reviews and tutorials to you and other readers at no extra cost to you.
In some of our stories, we link to relevant and trusted affiliate partners like hosting and theme websites. I do not accept money for writing a post, everything you read here are is my own experience in my own words. If you click an affiliate link and purchases a product or service from any of these affiliate sites within a set amount of time we receives a small commission. Affiliate linking has become a regular process in digital publishing.
So, to recap – some of the links on wp-training.ie are affiliate links of which we receive a small compensation from sales of certain items. It takes a long time to write tutorials and the views will always be my own. Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link but sometimes even get a discount.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We keep a copy of your name, email address, website domain and the type of training you are interested in. If you supply us with the login details to your site, we will keep a copy of them for as long as we need them to access your site and will then delete them from our system. Please note, you can also always change the password or delete the login details you have shared with us.
We do not share any client’s information with anybody.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to inform you which information we have about you. If you’d like to delete these information, please just let me know.