WordPress.com & social media – Facebook, Twitter & YouTube
Increase your website’s visibility by using online marketing tools and online advertising
What is this course about: This is obviously the follow up course, for when you feel comfortable blogging and are now ready to spread the word, synchronise accounts with Facebook and Twitter and get more publicity for your website through online marketing.
Who is this course for & what do you need to know before you start the course: This course is for WordPress.com bloggers who feel comfortable using all topics covered in the ‘WordPress Starter Course – Build your own website‘. You know your way around your own blog, have created some posts and pages, and now would like to have more publicity by using social media. A very helpful tool will be your personal Facebook account to spread the word about you and your services. Please note, it is not important that you have done the ‘Starter Course – Create your own website’ with us, just that you feel comfortable doing all the topics covered in the Starter Course. In general, I would recommend this course to people who have participated in our WordPress.com Starter Course and afterwards have created a few pages and around a dozen posts – in other words: you have practised and spent some time on your WordPress.com blog.
It would also be great if you have used a social media account as a normal user before, ideally have a personal Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Pinterest account (not all, just one is fine). However, it’s not a requirement for the course but if you do have any social media accounts, please make sure you know your user name and password.
What do you need to bring to the course: You will need to bring a laptop you are familiar with on the day, which you can connect to an open wifi network.
What will you know after the course:
- Synchronising WordPress.com accounts to get more visibility through Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Inserting ‘Follow us’ buttons
- Embedding Pinterest, Instagram and Youtube videos
- Customising the navigation bar
- Removing comments from static pages
- SEO myths and reality
- Adding social media icons and sharing buttons
- Adding PayPal buttons
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading a blog icon
- Adding google maps
- Using Avatars in comments
- Editing photos for the web
- Using featured images
- Adding a portfolio
- Specifying a new landing page
- How to get rid of ‘WordPress’ in your domain name and remove ads from your site (Please note, this will cost €48/year and is payed to WordPress directly by credit card. I will explain in details all the pros & cons, but if you would like to go for this, you will need to bring a credit card with you to the course as you will need to set up the option online with WordPress (you could of course do it on your own later if you wish).
This training is tailored to WordPress.com accounts, most topics covered on the day are also relevant to WordPress.org accounts, however some of them would need the installation of certain plugins such as jetpack.
To see some feedback from former participants please see our Feedback page.
Got a question?
Have a look through our Frequently asked questions.
Where, when and how much:
The course will be around 6 hours long (including time for plenty of questions & answers), with a lunch break at a nearby restaurant and a maximum of 6 participants. The course is priced at €239 per person. For an early bird discount and more discounts when signing up for more than one course, please see our price list.
If you are interested in attending a course, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I will answer all comments by e-mail, so please add ‘email@example.com’ to your contacts, otherwise my answer might end up in your spam folder.